San Francisco, California– April 26, 2018 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today announced the general availability of Appeon PowerServer 2017 Japanese version for Windows, Linux, and Unix. This major release includes important changes that were announced on April 10, 2017, enriching PowerBuilder-based projects with more web and mobile app-specific functionality together with expanded software environment compatibility. Customers using iOS 11, Android 7, SQL Servers 2016, UltraLite 17 (32-bit and 64-bit), or PowerBuilder 2017 Janpanese are encouraged to evaluate or upgrade to this new release.
This major release includes a number of notable new features:
- PowerBuilder 2017 Integration. The developer toolkit is incorporated into PowerBuilder 2017 Universal Edition and versioned with PowerBuilder.
- Secure File Transfers. Files that are uploaded to and downloaded from the Appeon File Server can be encrypted and transmitted by HTTPS.
- Better PDF Reports. PowerServer now uses the same NativePDF engine as PowerBuilder 2017, producing high-quality PDFs that conform to ISO standards and support advanced PDF features.
- Inter-App Communication. Supports URL schemes, both receiving and sending, which opens up new integration possibilities in an easy and standard way.
- Faster Data Entry. Supports bringing up the virtual keyboard upon a single tap of a DataWindow.
- Expanded Data Types. PowerServer supports more SQL Server data types, including date, datetime2, xml, datetimeoffset(7), nvarchar(MAX), varbinary(MAX), and varchar(MAX)
If you’re interested in reviewing the complete list of new features please refer to the New Features Datasheet.
How do I get started?
PowerServer 2017 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new installation. Trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers on a maintenance or support plan may receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from Appeon or a local authorized reseller (if available in your area).
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+.
© 2018 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), email@example.com
Nippon Computer Systems (Appeon Japan Local Partner): +81-3-5532-1550, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com