After installing PB 2019 R2 Beta2, the VS2017 on the same machine loses the ability to target .NET Standard 2.0.
- SnapDevelop 2019 R2 Beta2
- OS Win 10
- Each version of Visual Studio has its own corresponding .NET Core SDK version that it builds on. When installing PB 2019 R2 Beta2, .NET Core SDK 2.1.500, 2.2.402 will be installed by default. In general, each SDK version can coexist, but it has been found that VS2017 may not be able to access the SDKs it depends on.
- SnapDevelop does not need to install Microsoft .NET Core 2.1/2.2 SDKs with a different minor version. This issue will be fixed in PB 2019 R2 GA.
- Run CMD, use dotnet --info to get details about SDKs installed on your computer.
- Go to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/2.1 and https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/2.2 to find out the SDK versions that support the VS2017 version you are using.
- Go to Apps & Features, remove all other Microsoft .NET Core 2.1/2.2 SDKs not needed by your VS2017.