Accessing a PowerClient/PowerServer application whose startup mode is Startup with background service in Chrome/Edge 98, the application will be started twice.
PowerBuilder 2019 R3
This issue is caused by the browser update and will be fixed in the subsequent MR.
Please upgrade to Chrome Version 98.0.4758.102 or Edge 99.0.1150.30 to solve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to use the updated Cloud App Launcher to solve the issue.
Note: This resolution applies to PowerBuilder 2021 build 1506 only. For previous versions, please upgrade to PowerBuilder 2021 build 1506 then adopt this resolution.
1. Back up the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 126.96.36.1996\CloudAppInstall on the PowerBuilder 2021 machine.
2. Download the file from the link below and copy the folder CloudAppInstall in it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Appeon\Common\PowerBuilder\Runtime 188.8.131.526\.
3. Delete folder C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CloudAppPublisher\CloudAppInstall from the web server.
4. Go to PB IDE > Menu > Tools > Upload Cloud App Launcher to upload the launcher again.
5. Uninstall Cloud App Launcher from the control panel and run the application again on the client machine.