San Francisco, California – January 22, 2021 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2019 R3. This release provides a groundbreaking new app deployment technology called PowerClient. PowerClient securely automates the installation and update of client apps over HTTPS, and supports both client/server and cloud project types. This paves the way for PowerBuilder to create installable cloud apps (Internet-deployable native apps with cloud-native architecture). To support the rapid creation of cloud assets within the PowerBuilder family of products, the .NET DataStore has been greatly enhanced with asynchronous capability, various code generation utilities, enhanced debugging, and support for Amazon Aurora and Azure cloud databases. Aside from many other valuable new features, PowerBuilder 2019 R3 is a long-term support (LTS) version that replaces previous LTS versions.
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 includes the following key enhancements for PowerScript and C# projects.
PowerScript Development Enhancements
- Automated Deployment – PowerClient securely automates the installation and update of client apps over HTTPS, and supports both client/server and cloud project types. The client files are encrypted, digitally signed, and verified for integrity before executing. It eliminates the headaches and costs associated with creating installation programs, deploying apps to users, and keeping apps updated.
- Multiple Runtime Versions Compilation – The PowerBuilder IDE now supports switching the runtime version used for running, debugging, and compiling your application. You can switch both backwards and forwards between major versions, revisions, and maintenance releases. It enables developers to get enhancements to the IDE without affecting runtime, maintain multiple projects with various runtime versions, and easily revert back runtime versions.
- Apache ECharts – Apache ECharts now integrates seamlessly with PowerBuilder and DataWindow technology. A demo app is provided to demonstrate how to easily enrich PowerBuilder with modern interactive charts. Visualize your data with new graph styles, such as gauges, heatmap, candlestick, scatter, and funnel. Then quickly drill-down, segment, and filter the chart data.
- Microsoft UI Automation – PowerBuilder now supports the Microsoft UI Automation framework, making your apps more accessible and opening up the possibility to automate processes. Simply configure the accessible properties to benefit from automated testing tools, RPA tools, and compliance with accessibility regulations.
- Git Enhancements – Git integration has been greatly enhanced, allowing you to perform complex Git operations from within the PowerBuilder IDE. Easily create & switch branches, merge conflicts, and review detailed error logs, greatly improving your productivity of using Git with your PowerScript projects.
C# Development Enhancements
- .NET Core 3.1 Support – SnapDevelop now supports developing C# projects based on .NET Core 3.1. Besides being an LTS version, .NET Core 3.1 includes a number of improvements, such as new JSON APIs, support for ARM 64, C# 8.0, etc.
- Async Programming – The new asynchronous CRUD methods provided in the .NET DataStore enables developers to build apps that are more scalable & responsive. Supports asynchronous query & saving, embedded and dynamic SQL, and scaffolding asynchronous services and controllers.
- Enhanced Debugging – Debug your C# projects in SnapDevelop more easily and quickly. The debugger has been refactored and also supports debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded projects.
- Docker Enhancement – You can easily complete your Docker deployment, image and container management, and Docker compose management within the new Docker Explorer of SnapDevelop.
- PowerScript Projects – Provides support for the new Microsoft OLE DB Driver (MSOLEDBSQL), which supports SQL Server 2012 - 2019 and replaces the native client (SQLNCLI) that has been deprecated by Microsoft.
- C# Projects – Greatly expands database compatibility, supporting Amazon Aurora and Azure cloud-specific database types, SAP HANA, and Sybase ASE.
How Do I Get Started?
PowerBuilder 2019 R3 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or purchase. Trial versions of the product are free and fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers (customers with valid subscriptions) are entitled to receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from Appeon or a local authorized reseller.
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich cloud apps for Windows. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube.
© 2021 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Service Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com