San Francisco, California – January 31, 2018 – Appeon, a provider of software for accelerating the development of data-rich business apps, today announced the general availability of PowerBuilder 2017 R2. PowerBuilder 2017 R2 is a revision of PowerBuilder 2017, which was Appeon’s first new installment of the PowerBuilder development platform. This revision adds new interoperability features, developer productivity enhancements, and support for the open-source PostgreSQL database. It also paves the way to utilize new cloud-specific features, powered by the cross-OS .NET Core, that are currently planned for PowerBuilder 2018. It also incorporates all the latest fixes from PowerBuilder 12.6 and 2017, making it ripe for production use.
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 enhances PowerBuilder projects with a handful of notable new features:
- JSON Parser & Generator – Provide high-performance engine for parsing and generating JSON-formatted data conveniently by just adding a few lines of code.
- Datawindow JSON Retrieve – Power your DataWindow reports and read-only DataWindows with RESTful Web APIs (JSON data format), regardless what programming language was used to develop the Web APIs, just by adding a few lines of code.
- Expanded Database Compatibility – Take advantage of the open-source PostgreSQL database – PostgreSQL version 10 is officially supported.
- Enhanced Built-in PDF Generation – The built-in PDF generation engine now allows developers to have more control over the generated PDF, such as image format, PDF conformance level, and page orientation.
- Git & SVN Interfaces – Native interfaces are provided for both Git and SVN, supporting more source control features, delivering faster response time, and eliminating third-party plugins.
How Do I Get Started?
PowerBuilder 2017 R2 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new purchase. Free trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days, and a free self-guided training course is available for developers new to PowerBuilder. Customers who have pre-ordered PowerBuilder 2017 can download paid versions of the product from the Appeon Website. New customers can purchase the product directly from Appeon or local authorized resellers (in certain regions).
Appeon helps software developers build faster, better, business apps. PowerBuilder, the flagship product of the company, has been used by over 18,000 organizations worldwide, and has a long history of being relied on for mission-critical systems. Appeon’s products simplify and accelerate the development of data-rich apps for Windows, iOS, and Android. For more information, visit www.appeon.com, or follow Appeon on social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
© 2018 Appeon Inc. All rights reserved.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com