Features List of SnapDevelop (PB Edition) 2019
This document introduces the new features in SnapDevelop (PB Edition) 2019.
Projects You Can Create
New Project Templates
You may open and edit a C# project that you created outside SnapDevelop (such as Visual Studio), or create new C# projects with any of the following templates:
- ASP.NET Core Web API with four options of sample code: Basic, .NET DataStore, ModelStore and SqlModelMapper;
- Console App (.NET Core)
- Class Library (.NET Core)
- Class Library (.NET Standard)
- Shared Project
- xUnit Test (.NET Core)
New Project Items
You may open and edit a C# project item that you created outside SnapDevelop. You may create new C# project items of the following types:
- API Controller Class
- Web Configuration File
- Service (.NET DataStore)
- Service (ModelStore)
- Service (SqlModelMapper)
You can sign the assemblies using either a Personal Information Exchange (pfx) key file or a Strong Name Key (snk) file.
Dark and light theme options are available for the IDE.
SnapDevelop provides a high productivity code editor with the following features:
- Code fix
- Code refactoring
- Code colorizer
- Code auto completion
- Code diagnostic
- Code outlining
- Extract interface/method...
- Find all references
- Format selected code
- Go to implementation/Go to definition
- Quick info
- Comment/uncomment selected lines
- Make selected text uppercase/lowercase
- Rename classes or class members
- Signature help
- Navigation through the history
NuGet Package Support
Pre-installed Runtime Packages
The following runtime packages are automatically installed when you install SnapDevelop.
NuGet Package Manager
The NuGet Package Manager included in SnapDevelop enables you to search, download, install, update, configure, and uninstalling NuGet packages.
Merging NuGet Packages
If a NuGet package is already used in a solution, you can merge different versions of the NuGet package into one for the solution.
Generating NuGet Packages
After you create a .NET Standard/.NET Core Class Library project, you can directly generate NuGet packages from the project.
The following debugging features are available:
- Adding or removing breakpoints
- Viewing the call stack while in debugger; when changing the stack frame in the call stack window, the local and watch windows are refreshed simultaneously.
- Debugging multi-threaded applications; when changing to another thread while debugging, the local and watch windows are refreshed simultaneously.
- 支持调试遇到异常继续执行 (Continuing the debugging process when interrupted by exceptions)
- Configuring the "Break When Thrown" exception settings
- Changing variable values during debugging for basic types of variables
- Refreshing the process when the debugger fails to calculate a value or the calculation is timed out
- Defining multiple environment variables for debug
- Debugging or stop debugging during a unit test
- Run to Cursor
- Step Into, Step Over, and Step Over
- Debug context menu in appropriate locations
- xUnit Test
- Running multiple unit test sessions simultaneously
- Setting Fact and Theory attributes
- Performing searches during a unit test
- Providing the total number of tests passed, failed and skipped
- Integrate with Subversion (SVN)
- Integrate with Git
Integration with PowerBuilder
When you select to add a new "C# Projects (Web API, etc.)" target to a PowerBuilder workspace, SnapDevelop will be launched from PowerBuilder IDE for the creation and development of the C# project. The file structure of the newly-created C# project will be constantly synchronized from SnapDevelop to the PowerBuilder workspace.