Hong Kong, September 14, 2016 – Appeon Corporation today announced the general availability of Appeon 2016, a new major release of Appeon’s solution for deploying SAP PowerBuilder applications to web and mobile targets. This release further simplifies the deployment of web and mobile apps, and enriches mobile functionality with support for Apache Cordova plugins. It provides expanded software environment compatibility, for example supporting the new Edge browser, the open-source PostgreSQL database, and version 10 of the open-source WildFly Java EE server. Appeon 2016 is faster and easier than ever for cloudifying and mobilizing your systems.
This major release includes a number of notable new features:
- Installable Web Application. Appeon Web applications can now be installed and run without a Web browser, avoiding cumbersome configuration issues and streamlining access.
- Apache Cordova Plugins. Enrich your mobile apps with the vast library of Apache Cordova Plugins, which are easily accessible via simple PowerScript APIs.
- Easy Mobile Deployment. Both Workspace & standalone mobile apps can be instantly installed to the mobile device by scanning an application-specific QR code.
- Auto-Upgrading for Mobile. The runtimes for Workspace and standalone mobile apps are now automatically updated as long as users are managed by the AEM.
- Print Functions for Android. Print functions like Print, PrintBitMap, Print DataWindow, etc. are now available for your use on Android, in addition to printing on iOS.
- Enhanced Mobile UX. Additional APIs are provided to give developers more control over the mobile UX, for example, setting the keyboard type in EditMasks and DataWindows.
If you’re interested in reviewing the complete list of new features please refer to the New Features Datasheet.
How do I get started?
Appeon 2016 is now generally available for evaluation, upgrade, or new installation. Trial versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers on a maintenance or support plan may receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from Appeon or a local authorized reseller (if available in your area).
- Trial version
- Upgrade for existing customers (please login with your Appeon support account to download the upgrade)
- Training video
Follow Appeon on social media:
About Appeon Corporation
Appeon was founded in 1999 with the mission to simplify and accelerate development of n-tier business applications. Appeon’s flagship product enables rapid and easy development of Mobile and Web applications within the PowerBuilder IDE. Thousands of organizations worldwide rely on technology provided by Appeon. For more information please visit the Appeon website: www.appeon.com.
© 2016 Appeon Limited. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE (or an SAP affiliate company) in Germany and other countries. See http://www.sap.com/corporate-en/legal/copyright/index.epx for additional trademark information and notices. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
For customers interested in learning more about Appeon products:
Global Customer Center: +1-877-3APPEON (+1-877-327-7366), firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, press only:
Marketing Dept., Appeon, +1-877-327-7366 x626, email@example.com