Announcing Multi-Browser Support
Hong Kong, Oct 31, 2014 – Appeon® Corporation today announced the general availability of Appeon for PowerBuilder - 2015, the next generation of Appeon’s solution for deploying SAP PowerBuilder applications to Web and Mobile targets. This major release extends the Web target to all leading Web browsers for Windows, such as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera. The mobile target has been certified on the latest generation iPhone 6 along with the new iOS 8. In addition to the expanded client platform support, Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015 includes hundreds of fixes, enhancements and improvements that make cross-device application development more powerful than ever.
One of the biggest benefits of developing cross-browser Web apps with Appeon for PowerBuilder is how simple it is. Developers simply write apps using the PowerBuilder IDE and deploy their apps to the Web server for access by a variety of Web browsers. Gone are the days of developing and testing HTML5 and java script to work properly and deliver consistent user experience across multiple browsers. Appeon for PowerBuilder delivers a consistent users experience regardless of Web browser chosen, including an identical user interface, identical functionality and consistent performance across Web browsers.
Appeon accomplishes this by compiling the Web project into a standard base, and then tapping into Windows OS level to draw the user interface and implement many runtime functionalities. A browser plugin is utilized to bridge the Web browser down to the Windows OS level as well as enable a Rich Internet Application experience comparable with sophisticated desktop applications. This approach has been time-tested over a decade with the Internet Explorer Web browser, and with the release of Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015 this approach has now been extended to other Web browsers.
This major release includes a number of notable new features:
- Multi-browser compatibility - Deploy to Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Opera Web browsers on Windows OS (with Appeon mutli-browser plugin).
- Apple iOS 8 compatibility - Deploy to the latest generation Apple devices shipping with iOS 8 or older devices upgraded to iOS 8.
- Android KitKat compatibility - Deploy to the latest generation mobile devices shipping with Android KitKat or older devices upgraded to Android KitKat.
- Mobile WebView control for iOS and Android - Embed Web content into your mobile app (HTML, Flash, etc.), display local files within your mobile app (e.g. PDF, XLS, etc.), and integrate logic with HTML mobile apps via java script.
- Mobile API Enhancements - Supports more mobile APIs to give developers ability to build richer mobile apps, such as PayPal mobile payment interface, enhanced NFC support for Android, and more control over how audio is played, and more user-friendly notification services.
- Appeon Debugger Enhancements - Appeon Debugger is now compatible with both 32-bit and 64-bit Internet Explorer10 and 11.
- Automatic DataWindow Resizing - Controls in the DataWindow object are automatically resized by simply calling a built-in function provided by Appeon, which makes it simpler to adapt your data-intensive screens to various devices and screen sizes.
- PB Feature Enhancements - Supports additional PB features, such as DropDownCalender property for the DataWindow Column control and the MERGE statement.
Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015 is now generally available for eva luation, upgrade, or new installation. eva luation versions of the product are fully functional for a period of 30 days. Existing customers on a maintenance or support plan may receive this version as a free upgrade. New customers may purchase from Appeon or a local authorized reseller (if available in your area).
- Get a Trial
- Upgrade customers: please login to the Appeon support portal and download the upgrade.
- Training Video for Appeon for PowerBuilder 2015
Follow Appeon on social medias:
“We are all excited with this major release of our flagship product. It is packed with incredible new features and innovations for SAP PowerBuilder customers and developers, helping to keep mission-critical PowerBuilder apps up-to-date, “ said Isaac Zhang, President of Appeon. “We have worked hard to provide our customers with a consistent and flexible development environment to truly develop once and deploy applications across devices and platforms.”
About Appeon Limited
Appeon Limited was founded in 1999 with the mission to simplify and accelerate enterprise application development. Appeon offers award-winning products that enable rapid and easy development of Mobile and Web applications for SAP customers. Appeon also provides application development & maintenance (ADM) services with a focus on SAP technologies. Thousands of organizations worldwide rely on Appeon products and services. For more information visit the Appeon website: www.appeon.com.